Eurex published the attached report on High-Frequency Trading (HFT). In the report, Eurex asserts that HFT is a “natural reflection of competition between market participants using the advances in computer technology.” The report discusses background, issues, and regulation of HFT using the following outline.
- How do you define high-frequency trading (HFT)?
- What are the most common HFT strategies?
- Why is the speed so important?
- What is the impact of HFT on market quality?
- Do HFT users cause volatility?
- Why are there critical voices on HFT from institutional investors?
- How do HFT firms (re-)act in critical times?
- How do regulators deal with HFTs?
- What impact does the German HFT Bill have for HFTs?
Click here to view report in full (links externally to Eurex website).